The F-5 15ft (4.5m) deceleration parachute was developed in late 1962 by Northrop Corporation for deceleration of the F-5 aircraft while landing. It is a circular ring slot canopy that is made up of 20 gores and 20 suspension lines.
F-5 Canopy Characteristics
- Shape: Ring Slot
- Diameter (nominal): 15 ft. (4.5m)
- Number of Gores: 20
- Panel Materials: Nylon Cloth, PIA-C-7350, Type 1
- Number of Suspension Lines: 20
- Suspension Line Material: Nylon webbing, PIA-W-5625, 1000 lbs (454 kg) tensile strength
- Length of Suspension Line: 15 ft. (4.5m)
All deceleration canopies are manufactured in strict accordance with U.S. Military Specifications MIL- DTL-7620, MIL-DTL-9401, and MIL-STD-849, latest revisions.