The basic canopy is the same as the MC1-1B except 1993, 1995, and 1996 drawing changes as noted are incorporated:
- The cloth was changed to 0.5-5.0 CFM porosity, specification PIA-C-44378, Type I
- The old eleven (11) orifice design was revised to seventeen (17) orifices in the same 11 of the 30 gores; three (3) openings on Gore Nos. 4 and 26;
- Orifices are tape reinforced horizontally on Gore Nos. 4 and 26 between upper edge at large orifice and lower edge of new lower small opening;
- Shorter (22’) suspension lines are arranged eight (8) lines each instead of seven (7) on the back risers;
- Shorter (25’) control lines are used;
- The 11-3/4” length pocket bands are used instead of the old 8-3/4” length;
- All material colors are new U.S. Army color Foliage Green #504;
- Reinforcement zigzag stitching was added for main seams Nos. 6 through 25 (orifice area only) – 30” length about suspension lines;
- Radial tape cut length is now cut 2-1/4” shorter (17’) to insure cloth fullness in main seam length.
- A Reinforcement tape was added under each bridle line on inside of canopy – main seam #5 and #6; #25 and #26.
- Zigzagged stitched reinforcement on the noted main seams was to provide greater tear resistance of the canopy.
These changes create a fast opening canopy with a gliding type descent rate of approximately 4 to 5 feet per second, with more steerability (forward drive) possible.